We are aware that many Covid-19 restrictions are being dropped today but the church still has a duty of care to its congregations and the SEC reminded us of the following:
“The previous baseline measures remain in place, namely the continuing requirement for face coverings to be worn in places of worship as well as good hand and respiratory hygiene and ventilation. Places of worship remain under a legal obligation to take such measures as are “reasonably practicable to minimise the incidence and spread” of the virus on their premises.”
So we, at St. Cuthbert’s, will continue with the following guidance:
- Face masks to be worn, unless exempt.
- Hand gel should be used on entry and exit to church.
- Communion remains in one form only.
- Social distancing of 1 metre should be practised where possible – this means we will still have to book to attend Sunday 10.30am services to make this happen.
- Congregations are advised to undertake Lateral Flow Testing before attending services. If your Lateral Flow Test is negative, but you are experiencing any symptoms, please do not attend the service. Further information can be found on the website NHS inform – www.nhsinform.scot
To continue to care for each other while attending church, I would be very grateful if you could remember these measures each time you attend.
Many thanks for your continued cooperation.
Sunday 8.30am Said Eucharist, no sermon
Sunday 10.30am Sung Eucharist
(First Sunday of each month being a Family Service)
Wednesday 10.30am Said Eucharist
First Thursday each month 2.30pm An informal service for all
All are welcome