As from 29th June the church will be open on Mondays and Thursdays, between 2pm and 4pm, for private prayer. Please read the following before visiting as we have to comply with current regulations.
Ideas for Prayers of intercession
- Pray that the church would be a calming presence and radiant light in the face of so much confusion and darkness.
- Pray that we would be people of compassion who intentionally reach out to others in our neighbourhoods and to our family around the world where following Jesus often results in denial of community healthcare, less or no access to medicines and social boycott.
- Pray for world leaders as they work with healthcare organizations and the medical community to develop next steps. Pray that all would be united for the common good.
- Pray with researchers and biologists as they work to develop a coronavirus vaccine. Pray for wisdom and insight.
- Pray with first-responders around the world who are tasked with triaging, testing, and treating increasing numbers of people. Ask God to give them patience, wisdom and a gentle spirit as they work to navigate fears and offer effective treatment. Hospitals are seeing unprecedented numbers of patients with symptoms of flu.
- Pray with church leaders as they offer insight and wisdom to their congregations and communities. Ask God to give them opportunities to be voices of reason, clarity and grace.
- Pray with the families of the 40,000 people who have died and for those undergoing treatment. Ask God to comfort the broken-hearted and to strengthen those who are suffering physically and emotionally.
- Pray for those whose jobs or hours have been cut due to economic downturn.
- Pray for parents who are struggling to work and care for their children. Pray that churches would look for ways to reach out to families in their communities to provide for them and show them the love of Christ.
- Pray that God’s people would be unified as one Church, and that we would look to the lives and faith of our persecuted brothers and sisters as we navigate fear and the unknown … that we would look to them for guidance and for hope.
- Pray that we as God’s people would be reminded of our hope in Christ and the truth that our Saviour who died and rose for us has already overcome the world.
- Pray that we would be people who read His Word and take both His call and His promises to head and heart.